I thought I’d spice things up this week with a video on online marketing. This is the first of a three-part series I’ve put out as an introduction to online marketing, and how to become a content creation machine for your business and get leads online.
Today is the golden age of marketing. We have literally never had it so good!
Yes, there’s a lot of noise out there, and you still have to market smart to get your voice heard, but compared to 20 years ago, we’ve got it easy!
Before the Internet (can you remember those days? How did we manage?), marketing was almost a one-way street. We put out an ad but didn’t really have much control over who saw it. Then we had to wait to see what impact it had. Interaction with and understanding of our target market was a hard thing to come by.
But today, we are so spoiled by comparison! Here’s why:
1. We get to interact with our audience and find out exactly what they want and then we can just give it to them!
2. We don’t share our content with everyone. Oh no. We are choosy about who we communicate to because now we can choose so precisely who we want to target – those that we know WILL buy from us.
3. We get to share what we know and set ourselves up as experts in our field – the authority on the subject matter. That builds trust with our buyers.
4. And the part I love the most – potential customers come to us not the other way around! Inbound marketing is just so much more pleasant because you are delivering what your customers want and when they value what you offer, that’s a win-win for all.
5. And get this – there are so many cool software tools out there that let us automate the entire process from planning, creating, curating and sharing content to scheduling it for publication to the right platforms. It’s so easy!
I mentioned value earlier. The content you put out should be valuable to your customer. So what makes it valuable?
It’s got to be:
- Easy to follow and implement
That’s all well and good. But why do you need to get to grips with online marketing in the first place? We’ve seen how it can benefit your customers. But what do you get in return?
You’ll love this …
- You’ll get noticed.
- You’ll be seen as an authority.
- Your customers will trust you.
- Your network will grow.
- You’ll build your personal AND business brand.
- AND your business will grow.
That’s six great reasons to get good at content marketing.
Watch out for my next video where I’ll cover how to mix up your content by delivering it in different ways. As we mentioned earlier, the more places you can show up, the more you’ll get noticed and the leads will flow in.
Want to get up to speed on becoming a content machine? Click the link and scroll down to download my free report here.